Dr Charlie Kahwagi has been dedicated to providing exceptional dental care with an emphasis on patients’ individual needs and goals.
Dr Charlie Kahwagi graduated from the University of Melbourne in 1991. Dr Charlie has been working in Lara since 1993 and resides locally with his family.
His regular attendance at continuing educational courses enables him to better serve the dental health needs of the local community. He has also undertaken extensive training in modern techniques for Orthodontics, Implants and Cosmetic dentistry. Dr Charlie Kahwagi’s intensive training and love of orthodontics has led him to use his years of experience to become a tenured instructor, senior lecturer and mentor to educate other dentists in orthodontic techniques, both in Australia and internationally.
Dr Kahwagi holds memberships with the following Associations/Societies:
- Australian Dental Association
- Australian Osseointegration Society (AOS)
- Australian Society of Implant dentists (ASID)
- International Congress of oral implantologists (ICOI)
- American Academy of Cosmetic dentistry (AACD)
- Progressive Orthodontic Seminars Group (POS)
- Australian Academy of Dentofacial Aesthetics (AADFA)
Dr Charlie has also attained a fellowship of the “International College of Continuing Dental Education” of Singapore in “Orthodontics in General Dental practice”.
“We strive to achieve people’s dental goals, from single concerns to complete oral rehabilitation, using proven modern techniques. Seeing the joy that this can bring to a person and being able to deliver this in a friendly and relaxed environment is the most rewarding aspect of my profession”.
Areas of special interest:
- Complex Rehabilitation dentistry
- Implant Dentistry
- Orthodontics (Presently an instructor/teacher and mentor for Progressive Orthodontic Seminars USA)
Continuing education courses of note:
- Endospore Surgical implant training course (1997)
- Branemark Implant surgical training (1997)
- Progressive Orthodontics Seminar series (2 yr. course in fixed appliance orthodontics – 1997-1999)
- Branemark surgical training in “Guided Tissue Membrane Regeneration techniques” (1999)
- Dr. Craig Misch “Advanced Bone Grafting techniques” (2004)
- Soft tissue integration (2004)
- Nobel Guide Surgical Training Course (2005)
- Nobel BioCare “ALL-ON-4” surgical training course (2006)
- Progressive Orthodontics- Advanced series orthodontics (2010 – 2011)
- POS Instructors’ course (2010 – 2011)
- POS Instructor 2011- present day
- Management of the Broken-Down Dentition (2011)
- Tenured and advanced instructor Progressive Orthodontics (2013 – present day)
- Fundamental Botox and Dermal Filler Course AADFA 2016
- TMD, Pain Management & Botox® in Dentistry Course 2016 McGann Postgraduate School of Dentistry
- Co-author and presenter of “Mechanics in Orthodontics Seminar” for the McGann Postgraduate School of Dentistry 2017 – ongoing
- Presenter of “Mixed Dentition Orthodontics” McGann Postgraduate School of Dentistry 2017 – on going
contact us today and take that step towards improving your smile and overall oral health with Dr Charlie Kahwagi.