Porcelain veneers or crowns are an effective way to help achieve your new, natural-looking smile
Porcelain Veneers in Lara
Porcelain veneers are a form of cosmetic dentistry treatment which can be a fast, painless, and affordable solution for discoloured, worn or unsightly teeth. Now a beautiful new smile can be customised for you in less time than ever before.
What are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are a type of dental veneer consisting of a thin tooth-coloured porcelain (ceramic) layer facing crafted to bond to the outside surface of the tooth. Porcelain veneers can also be made from composite resin layered directly onto the front surface of your tooth. There are numerous options, the team at Lara Smile Group will be able to discuss both the benefits and any concerns with you before you decide on which option is right for you.
There are other solutions such as resin veneers or composite veneers, however we believe that porcelain veneers are the most viable solution for your oral health in the long term.
Advantages of porcelain veneers
- Minimal dental visits to achieve your desired result
- Pain-free and fast
- No needles, no drills
- Non-invasive: No grinding or shaving as veneers are thin
- Unbelievably affordable
- Super robust and ultra-thin layer porcelain veneers
Porcelain dental crowns re-establish the original structure and function of the tooth, replacing the exterior portion to create a natural appearance. Crowns are the best treatment where decay has destroyed most of the tooth, where there has been trauma to the tooth, causing damage, or in cases of severe enamel erosion.
Crowns may also be used as the final step of root canal treatment. Porcelain crowns can also be an option for people who grind and clench their teeth to the extent that the original structure of their teeth has been compromised.
The benefits of porcelain crowns
The great benefit of porcelain crowns is not only the fact that they can replicate the function of the original tooth, but they are also designed to look like the original, or even better! Porcelain crowns can be used to cover up the front portion of the tooth that has some visible flaws, improving the overall aesthetics of the smile.
These benefits include:
- Improved appearance – Porcelain crowns are tooth coloured, smooth and are made to blend in almost perfectly with natural teeth. The natural appearance of porcelain crowns is beneficial for patients who require dental work in the front of their mouth, where it would be easy to see.
- Durable and strong – Porcelain crowns are nearly as strong as natural tooth enamel, which is one of the hardest materials on the human body. These crowns can withstand years of wear and are sturdy enough to repair broken or missing teeth.
- Natural feeling – Porcelain crowns have a much more natural feel than other options. They can be custom designed specifically to fit the shape, appearance and functionality of the patient’s tooth. The durability and feel of the crowns resemble that of your natural teeth.
Porcelain Crowns Lara and Geelong
Porcelain crowns are a great option for recreating the functional form of your natural teeth and are also a great aesthetic option.
Crowns and Veneers in Geelong and Lara
To arrange an appointment to discuss porcelain veneers, please contact us at Lara Smile Group. Our dental clinic has years of experience in providing dental treatments such as veneers.